Springfield Healthy Homes
Now Recruiting Older Adults and Be Healthy Partnership Patients!
Many asthma episodes are triggered by hazards in the home. By making your home healthier, you can prevent these triggers and keep your family healthy!
The SHHAP team of Community Health Workers and Healthy Housing Professionals will assist you in improving your asthma symptoms with asthma education, home assessment, and if needed, home repair.
The Springfield Healthy Homes Asthma Program serves people in the Springfield /Hampden County area who have been hospitalized or in the Emergency Room for asthma. We are currently doing telephone home visits and virtual home assessments. For more information about this program, email the Pioneer Valley Asthma Coalition or call 413-333-9169 or 413-333-9365.
View brochure for more info:
In this program, you’ll learn to:
- Understand your asthma action plan
- Use asthma medication correctly
- Reduce asthma triggers at home
- Reduce unwanted doctor visits and hospitalizations due to asthma
Our Healthy Homes Assessor will:
- Eliminate pests
- Improve ventilation
- Repair leaks and remediate mold
Who Is Eligible?
- Children on Medicaid
- Anyone 55 or older on Medicare
- BeHealthy Partnership/MassHealth patients
- Must have an asthma diagnosis and at least one of the following:
- Asthma exacerbation requiring use of prednisone or other systemic steroid
- Emergency department visit for asthma
- Inpatient hospitalization for asthma
- Renters and Homeowners
Funding support comes from
- Baystate Health
- MA Health Policy Commision
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA Foundation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Health New England
- Housing and Urban Development