Healthy Homes Trainings
The Springfield Healthy Homes Collaborative has coordinated and convened numerous trainings over the past few years. Below is a list of some of the previous trainings.
Healthy Homes Rating System Training
This course was designed to enable students to interpret and apply the principles of the HHRS, prioritize corrective actions, and communicate their findings in an Assessment Report. The training was held October 4-5, 2017, 8:00AM-4:00PM at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. There was a registration fee of $200 for government and nonprofits and $225 for all others. For more information, download the Healthy Homes Rating System Training Flyer.
Healthy Homes: Rights and Responsibilities
The Springfield Healthy Homes Collaborative and Square One hosted a free workshop on Thursday September 28, 2017 from 5-7 p.m. at Square One Family Center (1095 Main Street in Springfield) about the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants, as well as available community resources. Download the event flyer for more information.
GHHI Healthy Homes Assessment Training
The “GHHI Comprehensive Housing, Health, Safety & Energy Assessment Training”, held on June 15-16, 2017, provided an overview of the comprehensive assessment process and how to assess homes for home-based environmental health hazards and energy loss. The trainer was Hector Moreno, Healthy Housing Program Instructor from the Green & Healthy Homes Initiative .
- Overview of the GHHI Model
- The Healthy Homes Risk Assessment, Linking Defects to Hazards
- Identifying Asthma Triggers in the Home
- GHHI Health and Safety Assessment Protocol
- Sample GHHI Scope of Work – Using HHRS
- Intervention Measures with Standard Work Specifications
- Equipment for Health, Safety and Energy Audits- Cost Estimates
Launching a Healthy Homes Initiative
The Springfield Healthy Homes Collaborative presented the “Launching a Healthy Homes Initiative” training on August 14, 2015. It included an in-depth review of Healthy Homes principles as well as planning for the implementation of the Springfield Healthy Homes Collaborative. Our trainer was Dave Turcotte of the UMass Lowell New England Healthy Homes Training Center.
- Training Materials – Healthy Homes Training Center
Green & Healthy Homes Initiative staff presented about their model for energy efficient and healthy homes at the Springfield Healthy Homes meeting on September 8, 2015.
Healthy Homes Training Series
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017, Square one, 255 King Street, Springfield, MA, 5:30-7:00 P.M
- Friday, May 12, 2017, Career Connections, 91 School Street, Springfield, MA, 10:00-11:30 AM
- Thursday, June 9, 2017, Square One, 1095 Main Street, Springfield, MA, 5:30-7:00 PM
Thursday, June 1, 2017 at Square One (1095 Main Street, Springfield, MA), 5:30-7:30